Associate Public Relations Director
Full-time Associate Public Relations Director – Work from Home Flexibility
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced public relations expert to join our team at a senior level as the Associate Public Relations Director.
At Brandon, we wake up every morning focused on ROI, KPI’s and turning data into weapons. As a digitally centric, data-driven integrated marketing and communications firm, our mission is to develop and execute revolutionary business building ideas that help our clients grow. We have locations in Charleston SC, Charlotte NC, Orlando FL, and Myrtle Beach SC. We are not an ad agency; we are a growth agency.
What’s it like to work as the Associate Public Relations Director.at Brandon?
The Associate Public Relations Director works in tandem with the agency client teams to complement and expand our clients’ integrated communications programs with public relations services. You will take a leadership role in building our client’s businesses through engaging storytelling and media relations. This includes developing business building ideas that drive results and solving everyday business challenges, all while staying organized and communicating clearly in our fast-paced environment.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee a team consisting of public relations professionals that support clients spanning B2B, Healthcare, Hospitality, Outdoors, Retail, Finance, Energy industries and more.
- Work in tandem with the agency leadership team to develop and manage innovative PR strategies for various agency accounts.
- Develop and manage client relationships and work closely with other teammates and departments to achieve on-going results.
- Develop positive relationships with local, regional, and national media of interest and manage the flow of information to and from media representatives to encourage positive exposure for our clients’ businesses.
- Oversee the pitching process, cultivate, and develop leads and encourage positive exposure for our client’s businesses.
- Introduce new ideas for client initiatives including but not limited to; identifying and/or creating items or events worthy of news coverage which will benefit our clients, organizing and managing special events or implementing influencer or content creator programs.
- Work cross-functionally with the social media and influencer teams to align on content communication planning and execution.
- Develop consistent and insightful reporting communication on established KPIs, as well as inform clients of key insights, current events, and trends relative to potential risks for existing or future brand efforts and/or positioning.
- Develop PR plans as part of a fully integrated agency approach.
- Manage crisis communications and develop escalation policies for the agency and its clients.
- Network and raise the profile of the agency among potential clients.
What we’re looking for:
- 8-10 years of public relations experience and/or combined communications experience within an agency environment or on the client-side (preference given to PR agency experience).
- Experience overseeing direct report(s) and managing day to day operations of workload.
- Experience working on multiple industry accounts and the ability to work across verticals with ease and excitement – including B2B, Healthcare, Hospitality, outdoors (hunting, fishing, boating, golfing, etc.), Retail, Finance and Energy.
- Experience integrating influencers into PR planning and proposals.
- Proven fluency with PR reporting tools and media search platforms.
- Have a proven track record of working cross-functionally with both internal creative and external teams and partners in marketing, communications, product, content, growth, and/or HR.
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to create compelling, authentic content that tells a story and connects with the appropriate target audience.
- Ability to take initiative, keep organized, and handle multiple projects at once and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Strategically minded thinker, with strong problem-solving skills and close attention to detail.