Associate Media Planning Director
At The Brandon Agency, we wake up every morning focused on ROI, KPI’s and turning data into weapons. As a digitally centric, data-driven integrated marketing and communications firm, our mission is to develop and execute revolutionary business building ideas that help our clients grow. We have locations in Charleston SC, Charlotte NC, Orlando FL, and Myrtle Beach SC. We are not an ad agency, we are a growth agency.
The Associate Media Planning Director oversees and is responsible for the implementation and follow-through of all aspects of media research and media planning within the media department. In addition, the Associate Media Planning Director, with direction from the Media Director, is responsible for designing the overall approach to media planning for traditional, digital and paid social media, and the development/training of media planners and ad ops employees within the department.
The Associate Media Planning Director is also responsible for stepping in and doing client media planning and media buying when needed. The Associate Media Planning Director is also responsible for stepping in for the Media Director if they are unavailable to attend a meeting.
Key Responsibilities for this role:
- Have a deep understanding of traditional, digital and paid social media tactics by ad type and KPI, knowing what each tactic is good for, what goals they help reach and when you should/should not use them for clients.
- Put together, maintain and update as needed the full media planning process from initial client research, media consumption research, plan development/approval to getting sign off on media authorizations and turning plans over to media buyers/coordinators
- Assist in recruiting and hiring for media planners and ad ops employees within the department
- Supervise media planners within the department, training them and making sure they’re proficient in their day-to-day responsibilities
- Oversee media planners to ensure that media research and media plans are being designed and executed in a well-thought out manner, gathering all of the research needed to choose tactics and plans designed to hit specific client KPIs, falling within client budget
- Review and approve time sheets and vacation requests (with Media Director sign-off) for media planners and ad ops employees
- Ensure that documents coming from media planners are done to the accuracy standards of the media department, including research slides, persona development slides (day in the life), media approach, media plans, etc
- Work closely with the Associate Media Buying Director and Media Director on the overall agency planning/buying process, ensuring planners and buyers are working together seamlessly and efficiently for the best client outcomes. Back up Associate Media Buying Director when they are out of the office.
- Work on new business pitches, researching audiences, building personas, developing a media approach and presenting your findings either on zoom or in-person to prospective clients. This requires out-of-state travel if the prospect requests an in-person presentation.
- If a planner is not assigned to a client account based on size, the Associate Media Planning Director will act as the ad-hoc media planner for those accounts and work directly with the media buyers when needed, putting together plans and making recommendations for changes
- Create efficient, logical and strategic media plans for agency clients for each client you are assigned to as the media planner, starting with appropriate media consumption and audience research. Present final plans to clients for approval. Define exact KPIs for each media tactic in the plan and execute media authorizations for the approved plan
- Ensure that client goals, budget, and target audience are prominent in each media plan you and your team presents
- Work hand-in-hand with media buyers on any underspend, repurposing dollars into different tactics as necessary
Key Qualifications for this role:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Must have a minimum of 5-7 years of agency integrated media planning and employee management experience. Paid social media planning and buying experience a plus
- Proficiencies in STRATA, SQAD, SRDS, Social Ad Platforms (Meta, Pinterest, LinkedIn, TikTok, Twitter, Snapchat, Reddit), Microsoft Office Business Suite, Google Suite, Workamajig, Google Campaign Manager 360, Google Analytics, GWI, Resonate
- Strategic, outside-the-box thinker
- Ability to work in fast-paced and pressured environments while remaining proactive, resourceful, and efficient
- Ability to prioritize projects as they are assigned
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Multi-tasker, critical thinker, works well under pressure, team player, excellent communicator, creative, motivator, independent problem solver, math-lover, proficient and comfortable with public speaking